Winter is a great time of year to visit Southern Utah because of the variety of activities offered in such close proximity to Cedar City. Here are some ideas to help you start planning your winter get-away.
1. Ski & Snowboard at Brian Head Resort www.brianhead.com
2. Tubing with the family at Brian Head Resort www.brianhead.com
3. Snowmobiling at Cedar Mountain Snowmobile Complex www.scenicsouthernutah.com/outdoor_activities/ohv.shtml#snowmobile
4. Cross-Country Skiing & Snow Shoeing in Dixie National Forest, Cedar Breaks National Monument, or Brian Head www.scenicsouthernutah.com/outdoor_activities/xcountry.shtml
5. Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides at Brian Head Resort www.brianhead.com
6. Sledding on Cedar Mountain or in Cedar City
7. Plays, concerts, art galleries at the Heritage Center or Southern Utah University in Cedar City www.scenicsouthernutah.com/arts_culture/arts_culture.shtml
8. Visit Bryce and Zion National Parks to see breath-taking winter scenery www.scenicsouthernutah.com/national_parks/nationalparks.shtml
9. Golf, bike, or play tennis in St. George’s balmy weather (just 45 minutes south on I-15)
10. Ice Skate in St. George @ Dixie Sunbowl
Abbey Inn has low winter rates and offers special discounts to skiers and snowboarders (must have ski pass). Many families come for the holidays and recieve discounted group rates with 5 or more rooms. For a romantic get-away, try our luxurious Anniversary Suite with our get away package deal which includes a gift basket and dinner reservations. Call the Abbey Inn of Cedar City for more details about our packages and deals.