Have you always wanted to learn to ski and/or snow board but never found the time or motivation to do it? If so, you are not alone. Not only is it an expensive sport to get into (lift pass, lessons, gear, etc.), but it takes a lot of courage to try something new, especially when mistakes are so public and painful. It’s all too easy to find any excuse to not do it, even though you know how much fun others are having.
Well Brian Head Ski Resort wants to help you overcome your fears and excuses and finally join your family and friends on the slopes this winter. They are offering a program called Brian Head University where they guarantee that you will Learn in 3 or it’s Free. This is the first season for the program, and they have pulled out all the stops in order to convert you into a life long skier or snowboarder.
Included in this $199 package deal you will receive:
- 3 Terrain Based Group Lessons on days of your choice (they recommend you reserve your spot 72 hours prior)
- 3 Lift Passes
- 3 Days of Rentals
And if you “Graduate” from Brian Head University you will receive:
- Free season pass for the remainder of the 2014-2015 season
- 50% off season pass for 2015-2016 season
- 25% off season pass for 2016-2017 season
- 20% off season pass for 2017-2018 season
For more details and to make your reservation go to www.brianhead.com
Also, mention Brian Head University while reserving your room at the Abbey Inn and receive 15% off your room.
The Abbey Inn of Cedar City is offering an amazing ski package this year!
Brian Head packages as low as $140 which includes:
- Two Queen or One King Sized Room
- Two Adult Full Day Lift Passes
- Additional Adult or Child Lift Passes may be Purchased
*Call 1-800-325-5411 to make your package reservation today!
CLICK HERE for more information about our packages!
Did you know that the Abbey Inn of Cedar City also has three vacation home rentals? These homes are adjacent to the hotel and include all of the hotel amenities along with a FULL HOT BREAKFAST! These vacation homes are the perfect solution for a large party visiting the National Parks, Shakespeare Festival, or the Utah Summer Games. To find out more and to reserve your vacation home rental CLICK HERE
Have you ever wondered what happens to the millions of bars of soap that hotels discard every day? Like so many other useful things, it is often thrown in the garbage and sent to our landfills where it sits indefinitely. At the same time, there are millions of people who are living without basic hygiene, and the resulting illnesses claim more than 1.7 million lives each year.
Fortunately, the Global Soap Project has created a way to eliminate these two problems with one solution, and we at the Abbey Inn are proud to partner with them in this endeavor. We collect used soap and send it to the GSP plant in Las Vegas where it is purified and reprocessed into new bars. In the last six months, we have collected and donated about 200 pounds of used soap.
The new soap bars are shipped to 32 different countries to help vulnerable populations like disaster victims, refugees, the homeless, and mothers and children living in extreme poverty. There, it saves lives and helps prevent illnesses such as pneumonia and diarrhea.
Simple hand washing with soap is something we take for granted, and we are thankful for the Global Soap Project for giving us a way to offer this basic necessity to others.
When you are staying at the Abbey Inn or any other participating hotel, you can help by cleaning your used soap and removing any debris. See www.globalsoap.org to help the cause of spreading health.
Utah Shakespeare Festival Tips
Over the years, we at the Abbey Inn have learned a few things about Cedar City during the Shakespeare Festival: how to avoid crowds, how to get the most bang for your buck, and how to fill your vacation with life-long memories. Here are some tips to help you plan your “Shakesperience.” Let us know any ideas that you have.
For Your Convenience & Comfort
- Double check your dates before booking your tickets. (Tickets are non-refundable and cost $5/ticket to change dates.)
- Dress in layers (The Adam’s theater is outdoors, and a sprinkle of rain happens occasionally. Also, the AC in the Randall Jones and Auditorium can make the indoor theaters pretty chilly. If you get too hot, you can always take off a layer.)
- Let us make your dinner reservations. (Evening play orientation starts at 6 pm, the Green Show at 7, and the plays at 8. If you wish to eat at 5, you will want a reservation to get ahead of the crowds.)
- Stay at the Abbey Inn, of course! (#1 hotel on TripAdvisor.com, close to dining, shopping, and about a 10 minute walk to the festival.)
Get a Good Deal
- Plan to visit at the end of August and during the fall. (Fewer crowds and less expensive rooms and tickets.)
- Come in groups of at least 5 rooms and 12 people. (The festival and the Abbey Inn offer group discounts.)
- Stay in one of the Abbey’s vacation homes (You can cook your own meals and accommodate more people for less.)
- Ask us about a current “last minute deal.”
Have More Fun
- Visit the national parks & monuments (You don’t need to be “outdoorsy” to enjoy the beauty of Southern Utah. Get an annual pass, and you can come as often as you like and visit other parks across the country.)
- Shop Cedar City’s Historic Downtown (Unique decor and clothing stores, a classic drugstore with soda bar, a cozy coffee and bookshop, restaurants, etc.)
- Golf and Massage (Play a round of golf among the red rocks of Cedar City and relax with a soothing massage before your plays. We are happy to reserve a tee time and a massage for you.)
- Southern Utah University (Take family pictures on the lovely campus, tour the Braithwaite Art Gallery, see music and dance concerts, or cheer at a game.)
- Frontier Homestead Museum (Learn about Cedar City heritage)
There are so many ways to save on lodging during you trip to Cedar City. Here are our top recommendations. Let us know if you have any other ideas.
Avoid online travel sites (i.e. Expedia, Priceline, etc.)
By booking with us directly, you can negotiate, modify, or cancel a reservation
more easily because you eliminate the middleman.
Be ﬂexible on dates and stay on weekdays (Sunday-Thursday)
Rates vary depending on season and occupancy. To get the best deal, stay during the
Travel in groups
We offer discounted rates if you have 5 or more rooms.
Ask for a last minute upgrade
If a suite is available, you may be able to get it for a discounted rate.
Ask about a our loyalty program
We offer frequent stay programs, extended stay programs, and bounce back deals. Let us know you will be returning.
Brian Head Opening Day will December 15, 2013. All lifts are planned to open by December 15, 2013 (weather permitting).
Operating Hours (Mountain Standard Time)
10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
9:30 am to 4:30 pm Saturday, Sunday, and Holiday Periods
Night Skiing and Boarding will begin on Nov. 29, 2013!
Get out and enjoy Brian Head Resort at night. Night skiing and boarding has moved to the Blackfoot lift. This change allows skiers and boarders to enjoy more runs, more vertical and a lighted terrain park.
|Night Skiing (Friday – Saturday and holiday periods)
|*College Night (Thursday Night Skiing and Boarding)
|Night Skiing Upgrade (With the purchase of a day ticket)
|Night Skiing Rentals
Operating Hours (Mountain Standard Time)
4:00pm to 9:00pm Thursday through Saturday
The Abbey Inn offers affordable luxury! Stay with us in Cedar City, UT. Only a short drive to Brian Head – where you can enjoy evenings out after skiing. Go to a movie, go shopping, or pick from many amazing restaurants!